Tuesday, February 4

pieces of the puzzle

So you might be wondering why I created this space.  It's a simple yet complex answer.  In order to get to that, however, I have to stop and take a look in the rearview mirror...

Every year, no matter how amazing or how shitty, gives you both lessons and something to be grateful for.  But the overall vibe of 2013 for me was, well, disappointing.  The specifics don't really matter, but it basically comes down to this:

I had such great dreams for 2013, but in many ways, I let so much of myself get pushed to the side in preference of other things.  Busy work.  And putting myself last was profoundly disappointing.  Seriously, I thought I had worked through that crap already.  Le sigh. Truthfully, I don't even know how much of 'me' there was even starting the year.   It just felt like a year of striving, struggle and hustle.  And I know that I do not want that to be my life. 

I'm all for working for what you want, but not to the point that I no longer enjoy what I'm doing or how I'm doing it.  That's a big part of why I let go of Good In My Soul (my branding biz if we're just meeting).

I'm not willing to give up living to create a life.  

In late Fall 2013, I started finding myself again.  Looking at the pieces and putting them back together, but in a new way.  It started with Art Soul Glow & continues on.  2014 is going to be a great year, a year of change and amazingness.

This space isn't really about how many people read it or follow on social media, etc; this is really about getting back to me, back to my center, and (re)discovering myself now. It's also another creative outlet to share my life & my journey.

This year is all about being super creative & getting inspired to create this amazing life that fulfills & supports me, where I'm surrounded by amazing people & spellbinding opportunities. 

 
And part of that will be sharing lots of imagery, some from Instagram and some that are alittle more substantial.  I've always had a deep love of photography, but working as a commercial photographer took a lot of the joy out of it for me.  I feel like I've really let my photography become something I do occasionally rather than something that feeds my soul. 

My words for 2014 were simplicity and deep dive (This is a practice lots of people do; I was introduced to it first by Leonie Dawson and later Susannah Conway.)  At first glance, these may seem at odds with each other.  In letting go of so much from 2013 and beyond, I really started the ball rolling and realized that the more I have going on and the more obligations on my time, it really saps my joy.  So I'm simplifying.  And in simplifying my life, I'm making room to dig deeper into the things I love & that inspire me (art, great friends, inspiration, nature, reading, etc). 


I've worked to simplify my biz, and I'm working to simplify my daily life as well.  In the Fall of 2014, I'll be moving out of the city and leaving my 1200 sq ft townhouse in the middle of the hustle & bustle to rent a 600 sq ft farm cottage.  And I know you may be thinking "What the hell? Why?"  You may or may not know that I grew up on a farm, and that I love being out in nature. I also love the quiet of being in the country.  And it's what I need right now.  Space away from neighbors, from the constant 'chatter' of the city.  Space to be inspired, to create.  It's in a neighboring town, so not going far but seems like a different world. Also, cutting your living space in half is a great way to force yourself to simplify, am I right?

I'll keep you up to date on the journey, but in the meantime I just want to leave you with this quote that I so love:

via Elegantly Untamed

So much love -

Candace

No comments:

Post a Comment