Wednesday, July 9

tuning out the noise

The last couple of months have been such a blur. 

I've been clearing out, cleaning out, and clearing up old life issues to make room for all the good things I want to bring into my life.  This means clearing out both the physical AND mental gunk. 

For me, at least, it's such an internal process, and something I don't think I can completely explain.  Throughout this process, I've had my eyes opened to a few truths and have gotten clear on a few things I know to be true.  Namely:

  • You create your own life. Always. No exceptions. 
  • Shitty things happen in life to test you so you know what you're made of and how strong you are. 
  • No matter how much you love or care about someone, or want them in your life, sometimes you have to let go.  For you and them. 
  • I believe in soul mates, but I don't believe it's always a romantic partner.  It may not even be a person.  I believe you can have more than one. 
  • Xander is very definitely one of mine. 
  • You have to do the work to have the life  you want. 
  • But you also have to know when to step back, let go and let flow. 
  • Spending time in nature is crucial for my soul. 
  • True friends will often stand out like a beacon when you need them most.  If you're honest with yourself, it's easy to see who they are. 
It's funny the directions all this self-exploration can take you in. 

http://umrvni.tumblr.com/post/9484648441/beach-cathedral-spain
 
I believe that things often find you when they're supposed to.  Today I was reading a blog post from Kris Carr, where she asked what nurturing advice you would give your younger self.  Admittedly, hindsight is 20/20, but I think there's value in looking back at the things that used to concern you as a child or teen, and the lessons you've learned throughout life.  So, in that vain, if I could give my younger self some nurturing advice, this is what I would tell her:

  • It may sound cliché, but it really does get so much better. 
  • Don't worry about what people think about you.  Put your energy instead into living fully as yourself.  There's a good chance you'll never see these people again anyway. 
  • No one's love or acceptance will replace the love and acceptance you have for yourself. 
  • Just because you aren't like your mother or sister, gregarious and extroverted, doesn't make you less or mean something is wrong with you.  You're just not them, and that's more than okay. 
  • All of the things you shame about yourself now are the things you will come to love about yourself later. 
  • You have an inner strength that kindof rare, and will surprise even you. 
http://www.instagram.com/candacendiaye

So that's what I want to leave you with today.  My reflections and lessons. What are yours?

xo-
Candace

No comments:

Post a Comment